Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How to resolve Access Database Error: 'An error occurred while loading Form_FormName'


Have you ever suffer with this error message: 'An error occurred while loading Form_FormName'. I had faced this issue last night. Here is full scenario: 

Real Life Scenario: When I was trying to open the database, the message pop up:

"An error occurred while opening 'form'. 

After that it asked me 'Do you want to continue loading the project?, Then I clicked on 'Yes'. After that I got this error message: 

"The form name 'form_old' is misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist." 

When I clicked OK, I got the same message total of 3 times & Then finally the database got open. If you are also facing this problem then use following steps that I used to fix the issue:

Solution: This error means that your database is partially got corrupted. This error occurs when you tried to convert your database from one version to another. To resolve this issue, Decompile the copy of your database: 

1.First make a copy of the mdb file when the Access database is not running.

2.Compact your database:

In Access 2010, Compact and Repair Database on the Database Tools ribbon.
In Access 2007, click Office Button (top left) | Manage | Compact.
In Access 95 - 2003, Tools | Database Utilities | Compact.

3.After that Close your database & Open command prompt, and type this in command prompt and include the quotes:

 "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\My Documents\Database.mdb"

4.Compact again your database.

5.Try the conversion again.

This is the solution which I used to fix my issue. But one of my friends told me that this step got failed to resolve this error message. He suggested me to try Third Party Access Recovery Tool. Then Again I tried Third party tool in the same scenario. The tool successfully repaired my database which was partially got corrupted. Both solutions worked well in my scenario. Good Luck for you to fix your issue by above methods!! 

If you have any other solutions, please share in comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment